Sunday, November 16

the WASP

I guess I already had trauma because of that wasp to stung me on the head while I was getting "kamias"(it's a green finger shaped, sour tasting fruit...... it's used in Sinigang-that's a native Filipino dish) to sun-dry it so lola could bring them to the states when she gets back. Since then, I panic whenever I hear a buzzing sound. I even shouted when we were having our practice last Friday when I realized that a wasp passed in front of me. I think our teacher got mad a bit about that.........

I saw a wasp today making a hive in our window..... of course the window's screened that made it possible for me to watch it closely....... It's amazing how it builds its hive....... it carries mud, with the size of a pellet (I wonder where it gets wet soil..... or maybe it wets it with its saliva?..... hahaha just guessing!) and shapes it with its snout and hands...... It's a amazing how it could make it a beautiful circle...... it comes back I think every after 15 minutes after it has molded the mud....

Well that doesn't erase my fear about wasps....... I just find it cool that I got the chance to closely see how wasps make their hives... ;)

No comments: