Tuesday, March 3

Airing for Boys Before Flowers gets delayed

I don't watch Boys Before Flowers.... (because our slow internet connection deprives me this online watching experience.... haayyy........) But a friend of mine is SO ATTACHED to it... that makes me think that it's a good drama to watch...... And since the Hallyu-stricken populace wants to get updated everything about Boys before flowers.... I think they ought to know this:





Murphy's Law struck for the cast and crew of Boys Before Flowers when lead actress Gu Hye-sun (Geum Jan-di) met with an accident on the 27th February -- yes it was the day of the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. I guess this answers my question as to why Hye-sun did not attend the awards ceremony.

As a result, filming cannot continue and Episode 17 (which was to be aired on 02 March) was delayed.

The Accident

Goo Hye-sun was riding in her car returning from filming location to Seoul. Her car collided with a dump truck, causing her to slam into the seat in front of her. Although initially it was reported that she suffered no damaging injuries, it was later revealed that Hye-sun had to get stitches for a cut at her mouth. Plus the impact had caused swelling to her face and this would certainly hamper filming.

Lee Min-ho to the rescue

In an interview with Goo Hye-sun at the hospital on the 28th Feb, she revealed that her co-star Lee Min-ho (Gu Jun-pyo) was actually the first to arrive at the scene of the accident and promptly whisked her to the hospital for treatment. Ahhh....he's her real life hero too. ;-)

Hye-sun said:


“After the accident occurred, a van that looked a lot like Lee Min ho’s passed by. With my head ringing, I slightly remember thinking, ‘I wish that was Min ho’s car.’ As the car door opened, it turned out that it was really Min ho, and he began to run toward us. At that time he looked like the savior of the world. Had I gotten to the hospital any later, my recovery would have been later as well. I was so thankful.”

Gu Hye-sun watched the Baeksang Arts Awards on TV

Being injured and all, Gu Hye-sun couldn't join in the festivities and had to watch the Baeksang on television.

“I was shocked when I saw Lee Min Ho fall on the red carpet. I laughed without even knowing. I thought the stitches in my mouth had come undone(laughs)."

Hospital Visits


Her co-stars Lee Min-ho and Kim Hyun-joong -- the two who worked the closest with her in the drama came to visit after the Baeksang awards ceremony. How sweet! Later, Lee Min-ho went back to work filming the drama. Filming scenes that did not involve Hye-sun of course. Korean entertainers are a hard working bunch!

On March 01, all four of the F4 members visited Hye-sun.

Compensation: Special Episode


Production company Group Eight announced that a special will be aired on Monday (02 March), with Episode 17 on Tuesday. The special will feature F4 members showing behind-the-scene footages at filming locations as well as never-before-seen clips -- perhaps even some NGs!

Gu Hye-sun is expected to start filming again mid-week.

some credits to: k-popped.com

No comments: